Telemedicine visits (a.k.a. Televisits or Virtual Visits) provide an alternative means of providing healthcare when a patient is unable to come to our office or during this period of health care crisis where person-to-person contact is restricted. While a virtual visit has its inherent limitations, it is our mission to continue to provide the best medical care in a safe and caring manner. All televisits are conducted over a secure, HIPAA-compliant connection.
Scheduling a televisit is relatively easy, and our staff is here to assist you in setting up your visit. To make your visit simply call or email us.
What to expect:
- Call or email us to make a televisit appointment.
- Email or fax us our usual patient forms as well as a copy of your driver's license and insurance card.
- Ensure that you have a computer with camera or a smart phone or tablet.
- Approximately 30 minutes prior to your visit you will receive an email containing a Zoom link to connect to the televisit.
- Connect to your Zoom session a few minutes before your appointment time.
Please note that Medicare as well as all commerical payers have temporarily allowed for coverage of telemedicine visits during this coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In addition, several of the major insurance companies are waiving all patient responsibilities (aka cost share) including copayments, coinsurances and deductibles.
More information regarding insurance coverage policies can be found here.