May is Better Hearing Month
Post date: May 8, 2013 11:18:32 PM
May has been designated as Better Hearing Month to raise public awareness of hearing loss.Did you know:
- Approximately 36 million Americans suffer from hearing loss and that more than half of the people are younger than age 65?
- Hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the United States?
- Untreated hearing loss can affect your ability to understand speech and can negatively impact your social and emotional well-being?
- Individuals with mild hearing loss are twice as likely to develop dementia?
- Some cases of hearing loss are reversible and the earlier one seeks treatment the more likely hearing can be recovered?
- Hearing aids are now being covered by many insurance companies?
If you would like to have your hearing or the hearing of your loved one evaluated by Dr. Hannah Kim, our licensed audiologist, we'd be happy to set up a consultation for you.